December 9, 2008

This quote got me to thinking!!! :)

Women of God can never be like the women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of Faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more Virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more Purity. Margaret D. Nadauld.
That quote, when I read it, makes me want to be a better woman. We as women need to be tender, kind, faithful, we need to be a light to the world. I know I have not become the women I want and know I can be, but we all have something we should work on (some more then others). I know that I can be rude, and I've made A LOT of mistakes. I try not to bring myself down because of it. We (I) just have to remember to strive to be more like Christ. We need to walk away from immortality. We should not cave to worldly things. We must measure our life to Christ. We need to do everything, in our power to become the women we know we can be. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love that quote! I have not heard it in awhile. It always inspires me to want to be a better person! It makes me guilty! I have a story to tell you so maybe I will give you a call after my final today!!! luv ya!