April 7, 2011

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life.



I believe my 8th grade graduation...The oldest pic i can find...
























































I know we all endure hard times in life, and maybe it's not alays a postive or  negative outcome, these times change our path in life. Although, the past few years have been rough for me and I've made some not so good decisions and I may not always feel like a worthy person. But I do know I have people that love me. A place that has the most impact in my life is Kansas...no doubt about it. I made the best and most true friends you could ever imagine. They love me for ME...no judgement. They accepted me from the moment we met. They made me feel wanted and loved. I miss that feeling, not that I don't have them anymore...I DO, it's just different. Sorry, I'm getting all emotional on you. I have quite a few people in my life that have made the biggest impacts. I've mentioned them a lot during this 60 day challenge. I have to say that Janiece has also been a really big impact on me. As soon as I met Janiece there was just something about her that just made me want to be her friend. I didn't know what it was then but I do now. Janiece has helped me come out of my shell. She turned me into a social butterfly. Janiece and I were meant to find each other. I moved to Kansas for a reason and that reason was to meet Janiece but not just her a lot of amazing people that HAVE impacted my life. Janiece is strong, independent, smart, caring, loving, friendly, and she doesn't care what others think about her...she's just HER. She taught me a lot of things. and shaped me into the person I am but the best thing is...she always makes me want to be better. I know I can tell her everything and anything but at the same time I don't always tell her everything right away...because I'm scared too. Because I know that she'd be disappointed in me. I do want her to know that she has been a big impact on me. It's been 10 years- yep almost half of my life...! I feel bad just picking one person because everyone I've mentioned in my challenge has made an impact in my life...and big time. I'm thankful for them and Kansas. If I never came across Janiece, Clare, Anie, Jessica, Chelsey...just to name a few, my life would be VERY different today. They have lifted me up from the lowest points in my life and have helped point me in the right direction. I'm also thankful for the few friends I have here in SD bc if I didn't have them I don't know what I'd do. So, Thank You.

2 comments:

Anie Dyer said...

This is really sweet Lindsey. You and Janiece will always have a special bond no matter where life takes you. The fact that your friendship has survived even though you guys are so far apart is a huge indicator that you two have something special. Thanks for sharing this and the pictures were fun to look at!

Lindsly Love said...

Yes, and same goes for you and I. You know that you've been there for me and you've impacted my life as well. You have helped me at my lowest point in life and you've been there. So, you should you've been a huge impact in my life as well. I love ya!