November 19, 2008

Our Deepest fear isn't that we are Inadequate

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is out light, not out darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you, not to be? You are a child of God. You playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightedned about shrinking, so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God, that it is in everyone. And as we let out own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. * Marrianne Williamson

I was looking through some of my quotes and I came across this one. It all ways reminds me what I should be doing everyday. Which, is letting my light shine, to remember who I am, and why we are here. It makes me want to be better. I have made a lot of mistakes in my short 20 years. And I seem to continue to make the same mistakes and I know we will continue to make mistakes through out our lives. He has all ready atoned (sp?) for our sins. Now, it is just up to us to go to him and to work to be the best we can be to better ourselves and others. Well, that's all I have to say for right now...oh and I'll throw in one RANDOM fact...I sold my car today. So, I am now carless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a really good quote! I to have a hard time remembering to do that especially when I get stressed! :) So you sold your car huh? that is kind of sucky... do you have enough $$$ now to replace it?